The function of sourcing varies from recruiter to recruiter; some function through the process of placement while other professionals concentrate on only one aspect of hiring. Sourcers are the professional recruiters who specialise exclusively in the initial procurement of names and candidates. Many larger companies and specialist staffing firms employ a team of sourcing professionals who focus only on the initial procurement of candidates as the sourcers then “hand-off” the candidates to a different department of a team of recruiters who manage the subsequent steps of checking their qualification, interviewing, and placement.
With the trending globalisation and technical breakthroughs, new techniques of resume sourcing keep coming into play in the process of recruitment. Recruiting talent in different countries and languages present a tough challenge for any talent acquisition team. The sourcing team takes into consideration a lot of things as the modern sourcing from the global talent supply chain can be pretty complex. Globally it is quite hard to explore talent overseas; hence not only effective employment or marketing efforts but also factors like economy, education, and specialisation of labour markets are taken under consideration.
The trend of specialisation within the recruiting function continues unabated as sourcing plays as a different function whose role will continue to develop as a challenging and unique profession. While big companies have a separate team of internal recruiters who does the job of sourcing, the smaller companies have to depend on offshore RPO agencies providing resume sourcing services in order to hire the qualified candidates.
To retrieve real-time data of the candidates accurately RPOs and resume sourcing companies use top sourcing tools to find the best fit candidate for the position. Some effective sourcing tools are as follows:
- Hiretual: Hiretual is the pioneer of AI-driven talent sourcing. It helps businesses cut their sourcing time by as much as 80%. Through integrations with more than 90% of ATS providers in American and European markets, Hiretual is a talent data centre that helps businesses make the most informed hiring decisions while shortening the hiring cycle and driving talent acquisition costs down. They believe that the recruitment process of every organisation needs to ensure growth, stability and productivity.
They also believe that every recruiter must be actively involved in organisational growth by building the right strategies and driving impactful conversations with stakeholders. Hiretual supports recruiters by letting them focus on people and not manual systemic errors or tedious administrative tasks.
The customers rely on them a lot as it works as their best friends by constantly developing and improving their relevant issues. Their goal is simple: making sure that recruiters and talent acquisition teams reach their customers and help with their struggle by overcoming every hurdle in the procedure.
- ContactOut: It is a market-leading business and recruiting intelligence tool used by 30% of the Fortune 500. It has great agility, works faster and flexible to use.
They have an AI algorithm that goes out to the public domain and collects emails and phone numbers from public websites, web forums, blogs, and social media sites, anywhere a person may have shared their contact information publicly, they collect and store that information in their database. Once they have found an email or phone number it is dropped into another sophisticated algorithm that takes it back out to the web and matches it to social media profiles so that they can link the data back to LinkedIn. Last but not least; they verify emails so that they do not bounce. They call this 3-step process: the triple verification method.
- GitHub: GitHub is an open-source repository hosting service, sort of like a cloud for code. It hosts your source code projects in a variety of different programming languages and keeps track of the various changes. Here the developers and programmers can upload the code they create and work collaboratively to improve it. Its software has the potential of fixing bugs without affecting the software itself or risking the experience of any current users.
GitHub can integrate with common platforms and services such as Amazon, Google Cloud, and Code Climate. It can highlight syntax in more than 200 different programming languages.
How does it work? Three of its most consequential features include forking, pull requests, and merging. Forking a project creates a copy that allows you to experiment freely without affecting the original project. After that, you can submit a pull request. Then the pull request is sent to the project owner, who can review the changes you’ve made and ask any follow-up questions. If the project owner likes the changes, they’ll merge your pull request, which applies the changes from your forked project to the original code.
- Pipl: Pipl’s standard tool “Pipl Search PRO, is a “one-stop-shop” people search engine which allows you to find work and social information on individuals. There are two versions of Pipl, one is a free version for the budget-conscious user (meant for personal use), and the other is a paid version for business users such as those in the recruiting industry.
It is believed to be great by millions as it has over a million various data sources to gather information from where you can run search queries. Pipl searches the “deep web” with a proprietary algorithm that creates profiles based on personal identifiers to help users locate an individual. Another benefit is that Pipl pulls content from profiles and directories, including Amazon, publications, public records, web pages and news items.
- Beamary: Beamary has a team of speakers who can speak over 20 languages. We have three main hubs in London, San Francisco and Austin, with satellite offices spread over a dozen countries. They work with market leaders and pioneers across industries, including technology, banking, retail, consumer goods, and infrastructure. They are passionate about their craft from the first meta-tag down to the last pixel, and we believe sweating the small stuff is what makes a beautiful product that delights our users. Their team of engineers and creators, right from the start, have been focused on building a team and not just a product. They are ambitious, and their hard work helps them to achieve their goals. Here everyone gets a lot of responsibility and ownership right from day 1, and they aren’t afraid to challenge each other to get to the best solution. Beamary believes that everyone can be the best at something and teach others around them.
Their authenticity is unique as they assure the comfort of everyone, putting all their efforts to work. They’re fixated on tackling the important tasks, taking control and getting stuff done. Their close-knit team values transparency and keeps everyone in the loop.
- SeekOut: Leveraging the latest in AI and search algorithms it helps you to search the way you want to find the candidates you need. It uses the PowerFilters to do complex searches easy, build highly customised Boolean, or let the AI Robot find you candidates. It helps you get hold of detailed, up-to-date candidate profiles that quickly and easily find the right candidate based on experience, specific skills, education, and more. Talent pool insights powered by SeekOut’s AI search engine helps you to uncover strategic talent insights and have more informed conversations with your hiring managers. You can rediscover warm leads and update stale profile data by connecting SeekOut directly with your Applicant Tracking System.
- Sourcing.io: Sourcing.io is a paid sourcing tool that compiles public web data from sites like GitHub and StackOverflow to find software engineers, and uses an algorithm and filters to help you identify the best candidates for your company. Strategic recruiters can find those candidates while sourcing through Sourcing.io that can’t be found easily or anywhere else who are drilled down by skill, location, company and other source contributions.
According to LinkedIn, employee referrals are growing as a key source of quality hires, as they tend to have longer tenures and higher job performance. Sourcing.io allows your employees to connect their Twitter, GitHub and LinkedIn accounts, and highlights candidates that are already connected to your employees.
- AngelList: AngelList is a US website for startups, angel investors, and job-seekers looking to work at startups. The platform has a mission to democratise the investment process and to help startups with their challenges in fundraising and talent. It started as an online introduction board for tech startups that needed seed funding. Since 2015, the site allows startups to raise money from angel investors free of charge.
The company also has a landing page for people who want to start their fund or syndicate and offers resources like back-office support for legal and regulatory filings or access to limited partners. Angel List’s talent function hosts more than 100,000 companies like Affirm, Twitch and Stripe that want to hire new talent. While the layoffs are largely having an impact on that team, sources say that the talent network will continue to exist, just with a slimmer staff. It is excellently handy for job-search. It is pretty accessible and easy to choose from the leads. The real-time updates showing the funding process is their niche within the social media perspective. It is the best place to blossom with your new startup company.
- Greenhouse: this platform provides you with the right technology and the know-how process to support what you might do next. It decides on a scorecard of key attributes for a candidate’s success at the beginning to evaluate all candidates consistently, then creates an organised plan that helps interviewers assess the right skills, traits and qualifications as well as empowers the candidates to pre-record the correct pronunciation of their name to help build a more inclusive hiring culture.
QX Recruitment Services, one of the top CV sourcing companies serving recruitment agencies in the UK, employs candidate sourcing experts armed with the latest tools and technology, to scale up resume sourcing capabilities of the agencies and enable them to meet high-volume recruiting demands with ease.